Method 1: How to Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9930 & 9900
Unlock it from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, or any other network to work with any compatible GSM provider worldwide.
- Insert not accepted SIM card in your phone and turn it on
- You will be prompted to enter an unlock code (aka MEP or MEP2 or MEP4 Code) (if you don’t have unlock code for bold 9900 you can get your unlock code here)
- Click Yes
- Enter the unlock code and press enter
- Phone is now UNLOCKED!
- Reboot device by pulling battery out
- Go to “Manage Connections” and turn Mobile network on
Method 2: How to Unlock BlackBerry Bold 9930 and 9900
Step 1: Make sure the SIM Card is inserted
Step 2: Go to ‘Manage Connections’ and Click on ‘Turn All Connections Off’
Step 3: Select the ‘Options’ icon on your Blackberry Home screen.
Step 4: Scroll down and select ‘Device’
Step 5: Scroll down and select ‘Advanced System Settings’
Step 6: Scroll down and Select ‘SIM Card’
Step 7: Now you will see some text on screen.
Step 8: Type via the Keypad letters ‘MEPD’
(NOTE: you might need to type in caps, also letters will not appear on-screen but you will be presented with personalization screen, that will display 5 locks such as network, service provider etc)
Step 9: The Display should show ‘SIM Card: Security Disabled’ and should show either ‘Network’ or ‘Service Provider’ as ‘Active’
Step 10: Type MEP2 (make sure to hold ALT for 2) or hold ALT and type MEPE
Step 11: The Phone will prompt to ‘Enter Network MEP Code (X left)’ (X = number of tries left to enter Unlock Code)
NOTE: if you have only 1 try left, STOP! DO Not enter the code, contact us for further assistance. if you have 0 tries left, you phone is hardlocked and can not be unlocked by IMEI.
Step 12: Enter the Unlock Code ‘MEP2 Unlock Code’ and click Enter or press the Center button
If you also have a MEP4 code, type ‘MEP4′ (you will be prompted to enter MEP code)
Enter the MEP4 code (CONFIRM you get ‘Code Accepted’ message)
Step 13: The Phone will display “Code Accepted”. In case you get a “Code Error”, STOP! do NOT enter your code again. contact us for further assistance.
Step 14: Your Blackberry is Unlocked. The Phone will return to previous screen and Display all Locks as Disabled or Inactive
Step 15: Reboot device by pulling battery out, Go to ‘Manage Connections’ and click on ‘Restore Connections’
Verizon phones only: You might need to remove ‘Activation Required’ on the screen or change the Phone Number to yours by following steps below:
- Press Call (Green Button) as you would to place a call
- Type on the screen: ##000000
- Press the Call Button
- You will be prompted to the screen with the phone number, change existing phone number to yours
- Press the Menu Button to Save the options and the phone will automatically restart
- After restarting, it will be updated
Click here to go to top of the page: How to Unlock BlackBerry 9900 and 9930